[Bf-docboard] Request page deletion

Kevin Mossey mongoose.dog at gmail.com
Tue Feb 17 21:10:49 CET 2015

If that's the case I think then, this page should be trimmed and moved
under BI, and a new Cycles page be written.  I'll happily take on both
those tasks if it's generally agreed that's what we should do.  Except the
moving part, I don't think I can do that bit.

On Tue, Feb 17, 2015 at 1:55 PM, Campbell Barton <ideasman42 at gmail.com>
wrote:

> On Wed, Feb 18, 2015 at 6:41 AM, Kevin Mossey <mongoose.dog at gmail.com>
> wrote:
> > There is a lengthy page on Motion Blur located here:
> > https://www.blender.org/manual/render/post_process/motion_blur.html
> >
> > It was written a long time ago, pre-cycles, and doesn't really add much
> > using motion blur.  I think this page should be deleted.  There is a
> > paragraph on motion blur here which I think is sufficient:
> > https://www.blender.org/manual/render/options.html#motion-blur
> >
> > There is a slight difference between Cycles and Blender motion blur
> > categories:
> > - In Cycles, the catagory is called "Motion Blur", in Blender it's
> "Sampled
> > Motion Blur"
> > - In Blender, you have an extra option of "Motion Samples".
> >
> > These can both be described adequately in either the cycles and blender
> > pages independently, or the difference can be mentioned in the
> > manual/render/options page.
>
> Agree it can be greatly cut down,
> for really general info link to wikipedia or so at the bottom of the page.
>
> But a bit wary of framing this in (Cycles || Blender Internal) context,
> Such comparisons become out date (older docs would compare Blender with
> Yafray).
>
> Thinks its better for Blender-Internal and Cycles to have their own
> docs, which can explain how each treats motion-blur.
>
> --
> - Campbell

Kevin Mossey