[Bf-docboard] Request page deletion

Campbell Barton ideasman42 at gmail.com
Tue Feb 17 20:55:34 CET 2015

On Wed, Feb 18, 2015 at 6:41 AM, Kevin Mossey <mongoose.dog at gmail.com> wrote:
> There is a lengthy page on Motion Blur located here:
> https://www.blender.org/manual/render/post_process/motion_blur.html
>
> It was written a long time ago, pre-cycles, and doesn't really add much to
> using motion blur.  I think this page should be deleted.  There is a
> paragraph on motion blur here which I think is sufficient:
> https://www.blender.org/manual/render/options.html#motion-blur
>
> There is a slight difference between Cycles and Blender motion blur
> categories:
> - In Cycles, the catagory is called "Motion Blur", in Blender it's "Sampled
> Motion Blur"
> - In Blender, you have an extra option of "Motion Samples".
>
> These can both be described adequately in either the cycles and blender
> pages independently, or the difference can be mentioned in the
> manual/render/options page.

Agree it can be greatly cut down,
for really general info link to wikipedia or so at the bottom of the page.

But a bit wary of framing this in (Cycles || Blender Internal) context,
Such comparisons become out date (older docs would compare Blender with Yafray).

Thinks its better for Blender-Internal and Cycles to have their own
docs, which can explain how each treats motion-blur.

--
- Campbell