[Bf-docboard] Sculpt Mode

Erick Blender erickblender at gmail.com
Fri Dec 25 17:09:26 CET 2015

Hi there i want to help the manual on sculpt mode.

I would like to ask first why sculpt mode is in the same panel as paint?
Because in artists/users workflow sculpting and paint are really different.
Even though they may be share the same code but they are really different.
User may just sculpt and not paint at all. This is not really a big concern
for now.

I concern is about the manual (sculpt mode section) is so incomplete and
need some work to make easy to use.
For a good manual (sculpt mode section) readability, i would to suggest
this:

*Introduction* :-Overview
                     - Sculpt mode
                     - sculpt Brushes
                     - T-panel in mutires mode

*Sculpting with multires Modifier:* - presents multires modifier talk about
its strength and limitation (e.g spikes)

*Sculpting with dyntopo:* -Presents what is dyntopo, its strength ( dynamic
tessellation, fast ) and limitation (may need retopo or get slow with dense
mesh)

*Sculpting with subdivision surfaces Modifier*: Presents what is dyntopo,
its strength (quick fix) and limitation.

This is just a rough sketch of what i have in mind, i will try to sketch
something to see how it looks like and if you guys will agree with me. The
problem i m having is, build the manual in Windows 7, if someone is willing
to help i will appreciate it.