[Bf-docboard] New Blender user manual translation (for Japanese)

Tetsuo Mitsuda lab1092 at gmail.com
Thu Nov 13 15:14:45 CET 2014

Hi.

Thanks for your reply.

> Keep in mind that the English manual still needs some attention,
> relevant changes in the content might happen.

it is OK for me, I know FIXME paragraph is  still there.
and I 'm going to further check for translation environmnt on my own
repository for a while.

> Which approach would you recommend?

My recommend is 'Use Sphinx I18n'.
Because it is new and simple for editing .po file.
the translators just care about reST inline markup.

But some case,  it have some limitation:

   (1) additional 'translators note'

         additional paragraph is (or need) only available for non-english page.
         no original paragraph, it can't add po file for the
paragraph. (msgid is empty)

   (2) image

         .po file is message text, it contains only text.
         if you need to use different picture on every language,
another solution may be needed.

   (3) Mark up (for english author)

         (Need to test)
         some reST markup seems that it does not support for gettext.

Thanks,