[Bf-docboard] Documentation status and upgrade proposal

Francesco Siddi francesco.siddi at gmail.com
Mon May 26 14:39:04 CEST 2014

On 26 May 2014 at 14:12:07, Gaia (gaia.clary at machinimatrix.org) wrote:

What is the status of this migration project from wiki to Sphinx ?
We were investigating some tools to automate part of the initial work https://github.com/ideasman42/blender_manual/commit/d1112412cbec34d4fba07e11408828a37a5ab350

What are we waiting for ?
We are waiting to do a couple more tests and make a public plan so that volunteers can contribute in checking the generated RST docs. At the moment the translations and illustrations issues are being evaluated.

What is the next step ?
The next step would be announcing a migration plan on this list. I’ve been meaning to do this for a bit, will do asap.

What does it need to get the next step done ?
I’ll have another look at the whole thread of mails, summarise and write the plan (after consulting with Campbell).

Is there a way to transform the wiki documentation into Sphinx
by using scripted converters ? so that we can be sure everything
is in place when we start to improve the documentation ?
Yes there is a way (see first link). It will not be magic, so some people need to be around during that time of transition.

Francesco