[Bf-docboard] Documentation status and upgrade proposal

brita britalmeida at gmail.com
Thu May 8 17:21:31 CEST 2014

I would say that the confidence that the user has in the documentation is a
very important thing.
My suggestions are a more visible 'last updated' date, and matching version
of blender.
A good versioning system is important 1) for writers to know what needs
updating 2) for readers to know the maintenance state of what they're
reading.

User feedback is also important, if someone reads a page and thinks 'this
does not help me', or.. 'this is incomplete', etc, it should be reported.
Campbell already mentioned that problems in the documentation should be
treated as bugs. A good feedback system would be great :)

I think everyone feels that 1 chapter only is a good starting test. Let's
test also how the maintenance of that chapter works, how writers adapt to
the new system, etc. For that we need to use it.