[Bf-docboard] Documentation status and upgrade proposal

Jeffrey H italic.rendezvous at gmail.com
Tue May 6 17:48:10 CEST 2014

I agree with this change. My main concerns are about linking and user
contributions. To clarify, we are keeping the wiki? If the new manual
format is automated, how easily could other users add/edit information, or
would this be allowed only on the wiki? Regarding linking: How will it
handle referencing other features or attributes that relate to the topic in
question? Ex: "For more information, see ..." How would this relate to the
wiki? Perhaps something along the lines of "For user documentation, see the
wiki page: %" could bridge the two.

My point is that official documentation is often not enough to describe a
use for a feature (technicality is generally all that is given), so a wiki
is an extremely useful supplement.

On Tue, May 6, 2014 at 8:29 AM, brita <britalmeida at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I totally vote for this change, there are a lot of pros, and only the
> git-images con. The visual refresh is much needed as well as better
> versioning/organisation. Offline viewing is a big plus, as is the pdf
> export. Maybe this way developers update the wiki more, along with the
> code. (and we too, because it's new and shiny)
> Besides Manual, Dev and Tutorial also fit well in this scheme.
> Any idea how to handle translations yet?
> I volunteer to help with this within my limited time.
> I liked the sample :) It feels organised and up-to-date.
>
> -- Inês Almeida (brita_)

Jeffrey "Italic_" Hoover