[Bf-docboard] Support grant for documentation project

Greg Zaal gregzzmail at gmail.com
Sat Dec 13 22:11:46 CET 2014

Hey Narayan,

I don't think there has been an official "call" yet, though we'd be more
than happy for you to help :) Check out
http://blender.org/documentation/contribute if you haven't already.

It's neither a completely new manual, nor a re-write. It's just moving to a
better system, and making sure all the docs are up to date. Francesco and
Campbell did a talk about the project at the Blender Conference a few
months ago: http://youtu.be/OLQGGbiKfSs

It's mostly a Reference Manual, though most pages should have some kind of
'Usage' section describing a typical way to use that feature, a sort of
mini-tutorial. I don't think long tutorials showing how to do specific
things is a target for the manual, that sort of thing is better suited to
external sites/forums/literature. I see the manual mostly as a formal and
comprehensive reference of all the features and options, describing what
they do and where they are intended to be used.

Cheers,
Greg

PS: Thanks for the support guys! :)