[Bf-docboard] Wiki status, improvements

Jared Reisweber jaredr122 at gmail.com
Sun Mar 10 23:44:05 CET 2013

I'd like to propose some modifications to the manual index, in order to
move the wiki along a bit. I'm not an admin, so I don't know about making
the changes myself.
Anyways, there's currently about 73 void pages. Removing obsolete pages
would lower that a good amount. ( would just be removed from index, not the
wiki)

Pages proposed to be removed from index:

   - --3d view usage - duplicate
   - --gestures?
   - --spin dup - obsolete
   - --subdivide noise - obsolete
   - --subdivide fractal - obsolete
   - --extrude dup - obsolete
   - --advanced transformations ?
   - --material/nodes/dynamic
   - --Drivers/window? (nearly the same as graph editor)
   - --Fcurves/editing/curves? (duplicate of fcurves/editing)
   - --Fcurves/editing/keyframes? - duplicate/redundant
   - --fcurves/types? (no longer applicable)
   - --F-Curves Graph Editor Interface? (dup of Graph editor)
   - --snap to mesh (duplicate of snapping)
   - --Animating lamps/cameras/materials/textures/worlds? (unnecessary)

New pages:

   - --Game engine render settings?
   - --follow track constraint
   - --object solver constraint?
   - --camera solver constraint?
   - --cycles pages (see below)

Cycles section reorganization, and additions(starred):

*Introduction*
--Introduction
--Getting Started
*Tutorials*
--Links
*Features*
--camera
--materials
--displacement
--surface
--volume
--texture editing
--world
--lamps
*Node Reference*
--introduction (nodes)
--input*
--output*
--shaders
--textures
--color*
--vector*
--converter*
--script*
--group*
--layout*
--more (remove)
*Rendering*
--Introduction*
--sampling*
--light paths
--integrator
--reducing noise
--render passes
--experimental features
--GPU rendering

The mesh section also needs some major improvements, but that still needs
to be worked out

Has any work been done on improving the wiki skin/style?