[Bf-docboard] Blending colours - tying it all together

Stanislav Blinov stanislav.blinov at gmail.com
Mon Jun 3 17:12:16 CEST 2013

Hello

2013/6/3 Ivan Paulos Tomé <greylica at gmail.com>

> Hi Stanislav, Hi friends !
>
> If I understand correctly, your idea is to have one page per blending
> mode,

and at every page that use this information, put links pointing to them
> as a list or a table - perfect !

No need for something as drastic: one page for all modes will suffice. We
do have anchors to make links point to the right place :) Anyway, I'll try
to cook something up in my user space during this week, so we'll have
something to look at and discuss.

> ---
> About the name of the feature:
>
> Ok too, I was only stressing a particular situation, whereas in some
> languages,
> blend and mix means the same or near the same, and where some writers
> and translators have difficulties. In Portuguese,
>
> Mix = Misturar,
> Blend = Mesclar.
>
> Fortunately here, they are different too.

This is something we would have to live with, I guess. We can't really hope
for any language to 100% correspond to English now, can we?
In fact, in Russian "blend" and "mix" would most often translate as the
same word: either "смешивать" (as a verb) or "смесь" (as a noun). Luckily,
we have several synonyms for this particular case, but there are times when
things get difficult.

--

С уважением,
Станислав Блинов