[Bf-docboard] Reminder for wiki content: no competitive analysis

Ton Roosendaal ton at blender.org
Sun Jul 14 11:46:00 CEST 2013

Hi,

I asked GSoC student Vincent to remove the toolbar analysis from our
wiki and  copy it to own website. Blender is competing with
commercial bizz nowadays, so we need to be careful with what we put
on blender.org.

Here's some tips I gave to developers, which applies to everyone too:

- Avoid referring to commercial products. All of these
typically have EULAs that forbid to investigate the products for any
other reason than to use them.

- If you refer to products or technology, ensure it's public and free
to share info. Include the links to such docs or web pages.

- Don't mention (nor do) investigation of public patent databases
ever, unless you already evidently knew it had to be done.

Thanks,

-Ton-

Chairman Blender Foundation - Producer Blender Institute