[Bf-docboard] Mediawiki and VirtualBox

Knapp magick.crow at gmail.com
Wed Jan 2 11:29:27 CET 2013

On Wed, Jan 2, 2013 at 9:48 AM, Francesco Siddi
<francesco.siddi at gmail.com> wrote:
> Dear all,
> this is the first of a few of messages I'm going to send to this list, in
> the attempt of further stimulate production and maintenance of Blender
> documentation.
>
> I would like to polish and improve some aspects of the Naiad theme for our
> wiki (customize sidebars behavior, making a mobile version, etc.). A big
> obstacle on my way is the complexity of setting up again a development
> environment (a local wiki version) to test new design and features. I think
> this is also an obstacle for who would like to get involved and move the
> first steps on the technical side, the backend, of our documentation.
>
> My question: is anyone available and willing to help setting up a VirtualBox
> (an OS to be used with a virtual machine, featuring a complete development
> and deployment environment for wiki.blender.org)?
>
> If anyone has suggestion for a better solution I would love to discuss them!
>
> Thanks,
> Francesco

You just want to install VB on a computer and then install Linux on
the VB? If so, that is like 5 minutes worth of work. Or do you want to
install a server in the VB and then copy over all the Blender.org
files? Really this is not much more work.

--
Douglas E Knapp

with open source software!

Massage in Gelsenkirchen-Buer: