[Bf-docboard] Mediawiki and VirtualBox

Francesco Siddi francesco.siddi at gmail.com
Wed Jan 2 09:48:30 CET 2013

Dear all,
this is the first of a few of messages I'm going to send to this list, in
the attempt of further stimulate production and maintenance of Blender
documentation.

I would like to polish and improve some aspects of the Naiad theme for our
wiki (customize sidebars behavior, making a mobile version, etc.). A big
obstacle on my way is the complexity of setting up again a development
environment (a local wiki version) to test new design and features. I think
this is also an obstacle for who would like to get involved and move the
first steps on the technical side, the backend, of our documentation.

My question: is anyone available and willing to help setting up a
VirtualBox (an OS to be used with a virtual machine, featuring a complete
development and deployment environment for wiki.blender.org)?

If anyone has suggestion for a better solution I would love to discuss them!

Thanks,
Francesco