[Bf-docboard] PDF Version of Manual

m.ardito ardito at apiform.to.it
Sat Dec 28 16:44:21 CET 2013

hi I already do a pdf version updated monthly, with a faster method, completely automated. it takes less than 1 hour so for sure it could be far from optimal.

see http://wiki.blender.org/index.php/Doc:2.6/Manual/Introduction/Downloads

you could add your version too...

Marco

"Dirk Hünniger" <dirk.hunniger at googlemail.com> ha scritto:
>Hello,
>I am interested in making a PDF version of the current Blender Manual.
>already made one for the old one which is hosted on wikibooks.
>
>https://en.wikibooks.org/wiki/Blender_3D:_Noob_to_Pro
>https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/c/c1/BlenderDocumentation.pdf
>
>I tested my tool on the blender wiki and found out I can generate PDFs.
>
>So the question is: Would you like that? And the second question is, is
>
>your content quite stable, since it will take me a full week to make
>the
>PDF it would not make much sense to redo the job soon. Stable means to
>me that the template definitions in the wiki don't change much anymore,
>
>since I need to take care of each of them manuelly in order to get the
>best possible results, and this accounts for 90% of the time I need to
>spend for making the PDF.
>Yours Dirk

-- Inviato dal mio cellulare Android con K-9 Mail.