[Bf-docboard] Writer Guide update

Fade fade_docboard_blender at ymail.com
Sun Oct 14 12:12:28 CEST 2012

Hi Jim,

I just had a read through your Writer Guide and think it reads well. My
only suggestions would be:

1) Reword the updating pages sections for "Significant page edits" and
"Preview reviewing" as they seem a little contradictory.  e.g. If a new
user wants to make a significant edit, do they go ahead and make it and
email Docboard with "Page Update" or make a User Space copy and email
docboard with "Review Request"

2) Maybe a mini guide on how to make a User Space copy? I wrote the
below for a new user a little while ago which might be useful.

http://lists.blender.org/pipermail/bf-docboard/2012-March/003868.html

3) Make the Stye Guidelines and templates links more visible and with a
more detailed description (it might be worth sticking the links into the
welcome section as well just to draw people's attention to it)
e.g.

Style, templates and translations

Style guidelines: Information about general formatting, structure and
links to editing documentation.
Templates: Examples of wiki code used to indicate buttons, menu options,
wiki formatting elements.

Regards
Fade