[Bf-docboard] Bf-docboard Digest, Vol 92, Issue 1

Brecht Van Lommel brechtvanlommel at pandora.be
Mon Oct 8 18:12:13 CEST 2012

On Mon, Oct 8, 2012 at 2:14 PM, Kesten Broughton
<solarmobiletrailers at gmail.com> wrote:
> 1) Media wiki needs upgrade, the current one seems to be instable
>> by media wiki, do you mean wiki.blender.org?
>> what instabilities have been found?

>From what I remember in the meeting, the problem was not stability.
Someone mentioned that the mediawiki version we use on
wiki.blender.org is outdated, and that newer versions fix some
security issues. It's just generally good practice to keep up with new
versions for security, and I guess that's not happening at the moment.

> 2) If you type a url, the system now demands a captcha for people who are
> logged in even. Can this be disabled?
>> For blender, devs can check changes in the svn repository to find out what
>> change broke stuff.  Is there a similar code base for the wiki?

All changes can be found on this page, and in the History tab on
individual pages.
http://wiki.blender.org/index.php/Special:RecentChanges

I think this is some sort of security mechanism, where if you make
certain changes to pages you have to fill in a captcha, even if you
are logged in. I haven't seen it though, maybe because I have an admin
account?

Brecht.