[Bf-docboard] what to use for video tutorials on ubuntu

Kesten Broughton solarmobiletrailers at gmail.com
Mon Jan 16 20:37:48 CET 2012

I had a nice setup using camstudio while running windows7

Now I'm on ubuntu and finding it a challenge to setup a good vid tute
creation workflow.

xVidcap looks good, but software center says in need to de-install
libavcodec and libavutils which blender uses.

I tried once before and never got the pulseaudio sound working with ubuntu
11.10, though it just occured, I can record audio and visual separately and
paste them together in blender.  I had all sorts of lib problems following
forums on how to add audio, vlc disappeared and i eventually had to
uninstall.

Wondering if anybody has a nice setup and whay you're using on ubuntu 11.10

kesten