[Bf-docboard] Small bug for non-english editors in wiki

Bastien Montagne montagne29 at wanadoo.fr
Mon Mar 28 19:33:57 CEST 2011

I all

I talk with smerch today on IRC, and he pointed me out a problem:

When you edit a page and have another local than the default, english
one, you do not have the special chars box anymore.

I didn’t bother much ;) , but for some non-european keyboard users, it’s
a real problem, as they have to switch there keyboard layout to get
chars like {} or []!

This seams to be a Mediawiki problem, so I asked on #mediawiki, and
bawolff pointed me a quite sensible source of problem/solution, I think
– but I have no rights to edit the relevant pages!

So we need you, mindrones or jesterKing :D

Anyway, here’s the problem:
The MediaWiki:Copyrightwarning page (which is placed under the edit box)
contains that special chars stuff. Unfortunately, it is now translated,
and the translated versions do not get those special chars…

Now, the proposed solution (once again, couldn’t test,  but seems
sensible to me):
Copy the special-chars table from MediaWiki:Copyrightwarning to
MediaWiki:Edittools (and comment it out in MediaWiki:Copyrightwarning,
to avoid english users to have it twice ;) ). This should show it again
to everyone :)

I hope it’ll fix that!

Cheers,
Bastien