[Bf-docboard] 2.5 Wiki Changes

Jared Reisweber jaredr122 at gmail.com
Mon Jun 13 23:10:25 CEST 2011

I totally understand your points. That's why I emailed the docboard. I felt
this needed to be discussed. If some one came and made changes, I would be
okay if they were logical, but yeah, if they were drastic, there should be
some discussion.

I see what you are saying about the order of materials, textures and rigging
animation. I had felt that lighting and rendering should maybe go together,
then I put materials and textures with those. I was looking at Maya's help
docs, and they have shading/textures/lighting/render all grouped under a
rendering section. But I haven't looked at docs for any other programs. Of
course, I guess the order of chapters is probably less important the order
of the contents in the chapters.

I think the sections that need the most organizational consideration are
modeling, animation, and rendering. I personally had felt that the mesh tool
sections were too awkwardly separated, so I divided them into four new
sections: transform/deform, add and divide, merge/remove, and separate. It
also seemed to me that the Object section should go before section on object
manipulation, and objects encompass non-editable things as well, that don't
really belong in the modeling section.

For the rendering section, I reordered the pages to: using the camera,
setting the rendering quality, and then options for outputting renders. The
animation section was difficult. I removed all pages referring to IPOs, and
tried grouping pages by their editor window.

How is the cross-linking going to work? Will the 2.4 pages just have links
to their respective 2.5 page, or is it something more complicated?