[Bf-docboard] 2.5 Wiki Changes

Jared Reisweber jaredr122 at gmail.com
Fri Jun 10 21:32:28 CEST 2011

Hi,
I've been working extensively on the 2.5 docs the past few weeks, and I am
just realizing that I was supposed to get approval from the docboard
first... So I just want to apologize for for not getting reviews for
organizational changes, and for any issues this may have caused, specially
with the translation pages, which still reflect the organization prior to my
modifications.(I did not remove any pages from the contents page that had
additional translations). ( I also didn't realize the 2.4 Docs were still
being restructured as well).
I just wanted to outline the changes and additions I've made in case
Doc:2.5/Manual needs to be reverted to an older state, so my new pages do
not get lost. The organizational changes have only been done with the best
of intentions, aimed at a more logical structure for users, which, I know,
is not really my job. (though, I'm interested in joining..?)

List of changes(not including filled-in empty pages):
Overall:
-Reordered chapters in a more logical way
-Moved Advanced Animation sections to Animation Basics

Starting
-Separated user preferences section

Interaction in 3D
-Moved Objects section to Interaction in 3D
-Added Xform properties, Snapping

Modeling
-Removed Retopo/Transform Snapping page, now is two separate pages
-Added Proportional Editing
-Consolidated Mesh editing tools

Animation Basics
-Restructured to reflect changes in 2.5s animation system
-Added Constraints, Drivers

Armatures
-Added Spline IK, Non-Linear Animation section

Materials
-Added Node Material Types, Volume Material Page

Textures
-Added Volume Textures, Texture Node Types
-Separated UV Mapping section and Texture Painting section

Lighting
-Consolidated Lamps and their Shadow sub-pages
-Moved Scene Light Section to World/Ambient Effects

Rendering
-Added Post Processed Effects, Render Display,
-Combined Output Formats with Output Options
-Renamed Oversampling Page to Anti-Aliasing

Game Engine
-Added missing sub-pages

Thanks,
-Jared Reisweber