[Bf-docboard] Modeling chapter committed to manual

Bastien Montagne montagne29 at wanadoo.fr
Fri Apr 15 09:48:39 CEST 2011

Hi all :)

I renamed most translated pages to follow the new english structure of
modeling pages. However, I didn’t touch the index, nor the internal
links, thus there will be many DPL warnings at pages’ bottom about
redirections… Not a crucial point, but if you have time to fix that for
your own language(s)… Else, Lucas’ familiar bot will do the work some day :D

There are a few points still pending:

*The boolean page of the english version was using a template shared by
both modeling/mesh/booleans, and modifiers/mesh/booleans (and even 2.5
page, ugly!). As there is no more boolean page in modeling (cross link
to relevant modifier page is enough and much easier to maintain, IMO), I
copied its code in modifier page, and removed all ref to the template
(appart from an attic page…). Depending whether you did the same thing
or not in your own translation, you’ll have to do the same and/or add
redirect to modifier page in your modeling page.

*Similarly, the modeling subsurf page of the english version was shared
(transcluded) by the modifiers page, using some ugly conditionnal code
in the header… Here again, I moved real text in modifier page, and added
crosslink in relevant modeling pages, and completely removed the
modeling subsurf page (yes, I hate having the same thing at several
places!). So once again, translators, you’ll have to check and place a
redirect in subsurf modeling page to your modifier one… (E.g. BR seems
to have two independant pages, so just replace modeling/mesh/subsurf
content with a #REDIRECT [[Doc:BR/Manual/Modifiers/Mesh/Subsurf]]…).
(And now, we have two starts of subsurf pages in 2.5… Arg! :( )

*Both Doc:XX/Manual/Modeling/Curves/Curve_Deform and
Doc:XX/Manual/Modeling/Curves/Curve_Taper should now lead to
Doc:XX/Manual/Modeling/Curves/Editing/Advanced – I renamed the first
one, but as usual you’ll have to place a redirect in the second one once
you have updated it.

And now that I’m a total goat, I’m gonna have a look at 2.5…

Cheers,
Bastien