[Bf-docboard] Resource List

Raindrops From Sky raindrops.fromsky at gmail.com
Tue Sep 14 17:52:13 CEST 2010

Wow. That page practically asks everyone to hold their horses till SOMEONE
decides about the strategy.
This is bewildering, indeed! Nowhere else is this policy declared.

Here are some logical places where a volunteer starts:
1. http://wiki.blender.org/index.php/Doc:Manual
2. http://wiki.blender.org/index.php/Main_Page
3. http://wiki.blender.org/index.php/Meta:Guides/Writer_Guide

All of them ask the volunteers to go ahead and copy the 2.49 pages into 2.5
and edit them!
Naturally they will go ahead! (I was thinking of doing the same).

If that policy has changed recently, those pages should have been modified.
A flashing message should be put so that new volunteers would wait till a
decision comes out.
***
BTW that page is part of wiki, which can be edited by ANYONE.
(In fact, I just added my own potato there :) )
So is that the official policy of BF, or just a thought put forward by some
intellectuals?
How do we settle it?

In general, how are decisions taken at BF? What is the process?
The Blender site does not explain that at all.

Is there a project for freezing the wiki-related policy?
By what date will we know the outcome?

And is the Blender Foundation recruiting paid/unpaid volunteers of various
types for these tasks?
For example, coder-writers (to document APIs), illustrators (for drawings),
modelers/animators/artists (to prepare example models). etc?

I didn't see any call for volunteers at Blenderartists, BlenderNation, etc..
Maybe we need a SURGE in this area!

-Raindrops