[Bf-docboard] Blender Proceedings

mindrones mindrones at gmail.com
Fri Nov 12 11:23:07 CET 2010

Hi,

You can already start workin on wiki
http://wiki.blender.org/index.php/Meta:Guides/Writer_Guide#Editing_workflow

- if you plan a chapter rewrite, post a proposal first to avoid wasting
your time
- if it's a new page, use your user page or sandbox and ask for review
in the channel or here
- if it's a port of a 2.4 page to 2.5 (without changing much, just
screenshots and phrases) just do it, the 2.5 section will go under
review anyway later

On 11/12/2010 10:56 AM, Raindrops From Sky wrote:

> In my post, I emphasized "visible", because we do not get to see any
> periodic updates on what's happening (such updates should reach the
> public through *docboard *and *Blender website*; but I don't see any
> updates there.).

have a better look at this mailing list archives
http://lists.blender.org/pipermail/bf-docboard/
and you'll find mails about what's going on and about things being done,
I'm pretty sure :)

> While we have the weekly Developers' MoM, we don't have a similar
> updates for documentation. Then how will the potential documenters know
> what's going on and how they will get a cue to rush for a documentation
> sprint?

So I don't agree about people not communicating well.
When you will start documenting you'll see why a weekly doc meeting is
not happening: documentation has times far slower than coding IMO.

> Just five people for the entire wiki project, who are unable to spare
> any time?
> What about re-enlisting those past volunteers who prepared the wiki for
> 2.4x?

Take Roger, he did a beautiful work on 2.4 docs, but if he is not here
doing 2.5 docs that means he hasn't time, you can't force people doing work.

> I do appreciate your hard work in the face of difficulties.
> But I was not focusing on those admin aspects at all.

but still, you propose to install extensions and change structure   and
our templates rely on that structure to exist to work well. And also you
talk about managing and leadership. These is all admin stuff IMO.

> I am focusing on the content-writing, uploading screenshots, preparing
> charts to explain certain concept, etc.; because that is how I can
> contribute here.

The sandbox is there for that very reason :)

> BTW Andrew has already posted his video and the slides at BlenderGuru site.

I was referring to the documentation roundtable:

http://download.blender.org/documentation/bc2010/blender_documentation_roundtable.pdf

Regards,
Luca