[Bf-docboard] What about 2.5 Manual

mindrones mindrones at yahoo.it
Thu Mar 18 17:55:51 CET 2010

Hi there,

> On 2010-03-18, at 8:24 AM, Bastien Montagne wrote:

> > And is there any convention for pictures’ wiki names
> (I mean, for 2.5
> > man) ? Untill now, we have nearly
> > everything, from short-and-not-enought-descriptive to
> > far-to-much-long-verbose-names…

I think it's quite impossible to force people to rename their screenshots as we want, also because mediawiki suggests a name based on the image filename so it's easy to be lazy :)

Instead, we can try to categorize images, so we can build nice galleries of what we already have in the wiki.

The guidelines are here (just added the Context category stuff, for Blender 2.4:
http://wiki.blender.org/index.php/Meta:Guides/Image_cataloguing/UI

As Mike pointed out, this is what we can do after we know the image categories:
http://wiki.blender.org/index.php/User:Mindrones/UI/ButtonsWindow/Panels

My goal is to modify the skin so that the upload page asks the user to fill in a couple of menus based on the UI categorization guidelines and after all menus have been filled I'd like to present that kind of gallery so that the user can examine if what he wants to upload is already available.
If not, he can of course upload what he wants.

Hopefully, if we'll be able to automate the screenshotting process, we will be able to automate the (boring) categorization process too :)

Regards,
Luca