[Bf-docboard] 2.5 Documentation (was: Bf-docboard Digest, Vol 58, Issue 1)

mindrones mindrones at yahoo.it
Tue Nov 3 15:38:32 CET 2009

Hi,

--- On Tue, 11/3/09, Wahooney wrote:

> Is there, or can there be, a category
> like "Unported 2.5 Docs", that
> each of the copied 2.49 manual pages can have assigned to
> them, then as
> the pages are properly ported the category is removed?
> (This could even
> be part of a template that tells the reader that the
> current page hasn't
> been ported. There is already one of those, right?)
>
> At least that way we can know what has/hasn't been ported
> across quickly
> and efficiently and those people that would like to know
> what to port
> will know where to go to see what needs doing.
>
> Keith.

the problem I see here is: do we want to port things or duplicate?

IMO "porting" means a period of relative messup and then 2.4 manual will be gone forever....

This is not a good approach to me, since 2.5x will not be 100% usable for some time and users tend to wait for use things in production.

As I said I'd prefer to keep things separated, because I don't think it's a matter of just a few changes (think about keymaps, animation systems, UI changes, python UI and python API, continuous grab etc etc...)

Regards,
Luca