[Bf-docboard] Wiki reorganization proposal

Nathan Letwory jesterking at letwory.net
Mon Jan 5 09:34:49 CET 2009

2009/1/5 mindrones <mindrones at yahoo.it>:
> Hi,
>
> during Xmas holidays I've prepared a proposal for restructuring the wiki:
> http://wiki.blender.org/index.php/User:Mindrones/blender-wiki/proposal

I've only browsed the page briefly, still need to fully read and think
about it, but what caught my eye was the bit about commit tags.

We have had such a proposal already before (using === Scons === for
instance). In theory it is great, but in practice it is *really* hard
to get committers to use it. After one failed attempt to get
committers to tag their commit messages, I don't see why it would work
this time.

The best way to 'fix' this is to have a dedicated person (or several),
who closely monitor commit logs and handle them right away when they
arrive in the inbox.

The rest of the proposal still needs all my braincells for proper
reading, will do that during the coming week :)

/Nathan