[Bf-docboard] Bf-docboard Digest, Vol 47, Issue 2

Roger Wickes rogerwickes at yahoo.com
Mon Dec 8 14:54:15 CET 2008

1) Hey Luca! Thanks for offering to do this, as I do think it would help. You realize that every page will have to be edited to change the nav links at the top and the bottom of each page. Instead of Grease Pencil | Grease Pencil I would suggest that the folder be Global_Tools | Grease Pencil, as Grease Pencil is just an example of a tool that operates in multiple windows, and there will be others I am sure.
2) There is no way to get a sitemap that I know of, short of looking at the server's folder structure though the file explorer. There is no way to ensure any consistent content or structure across language versions as well. Each language editor has full control over their book. I have used the German version to create English pages, for example, so there are cases where logical content leads in one language version over the other.
3) Yes, it is better to use the Google Search engine and restrict pages to the Manual, Reference and Tutorial folders. We might want to add that somewhere(?) as a link perhaps to an HTML page that is pre-set up for that. Presently the wiki search is cross-wiki but can also sometimes give like a release note reference that helps.
4) I've used fck, looks like it could be a replacement for the current. I only ever bold and italicize really, so the current header meets my needs.
5) is an item for Jesterking to add to the Header template. Generally, if a page is "too long" it should be broken up into more easily digestable topics.

Sent by Roger Wickes for intended recipient. If you are not the intended recipient, please delete this message and contact Mr. Wickes immediately.