[Bf-docboard] Arabic interface

M. Bashir Al-Noimi hali83 at cec.sy
Wed Jan 10 02:23:21 CET 2007

Tom M wrote:

> Hi there were actually 7 replies to you previously, this makes the
> eighth.  I tend to commit languages towards end of release, though for
> the future I plan to commit then as they come in.
>
> We haven't resolved the directional language issue, and it is unlikely
> to be solved this release - It is my hope we can make it a priority
> for the release after 2.43.
>
> I did overlook your question regarding translation software though
> previously,
>
> We already use gettext, however changes need to be made in how it is
> integrated in order for it to support right to left text.  Changes
> which are fairly far reaching and thus were not a reasonable target
> for this upcomming release.  With a refactor for the next release that
> touches a large number of areas it is my hope that the changes can be
> made for the next release after 2.43.
ok ... you mean that you can't make this changes at this release (2.43)
can you give me your ToDo for Blender?, i think it's bad to wait more
time for fixing these problems!?
we've only 3 problems
1- Getting all strings from Blender source code (it's easy by gettext)
2- supporting Arabic chars. (in Java it's easy too, but i don't know how
do it in c++)
3- supporting Bidi mode (i know that it take some time for solving, so
we can solve it at next release)

--
Best Regards تحياتي
Muhammad Bashir Al-Noimi محمد بشير النعيمي

My Blog مدونتي
http://www.hali-sy.com/blog