[Bf-docboard] Re: Bf-docboard Digest, Vol 26, Issue 9

Jean Montambeault iaminnocent at videotron.ca
Sat Sep 30 07:46:17 CEST 2006

Ryan Dale wrote:
>> ATM it seems to be impossible to upload and ODT file (OpenOffice file
>> format) to the Wiki.
> It looks like the wiki only cares about the extension - I've
> successfully uploaded a .wav file by renaming it to a .blend before
> uploading.  As long as you explain to the user that the file needs to
> be renamed after downloading, this method works as a temporary fix.
I'm afraid that this is what I'll have to do. I guess that I hesitate to
start messing up with the Wiki, especially the BSoDs but this board is
as close to dead as I've ever seen it.

>> Could this upload be made possible ?
> I don't know enough about MediaWiki, but I assume if it's possible to
> upload a "non-standard" extension like .blend, then there must be a
> setting somewhere to configure it for .odt as well.
Surely it must be possible. Let's hope we'll hear from whoever is
supposed to take care of that.

> -Ryan
Would you like for us (MadCello and I) to prepare an ODT file of your
tutorial. AFAIK there are filters for them in most major word processors
and being able to annotate and add to your book while studying is quite
a neat feature. :)
Anytime, just say so.

Thanks for the company in this desert of a board.

Jean