[Bf-docboard] problem with outdate doc mirrors

Kent Mein mein at cs.umn.edu
Tue Sep 19 16:55:31 CEST 2006

> Kent Mein wrote:
> >
> >While I agree that its good to point people to the current documentation,
> >I do not think the solution is to remove the older docs which are what
> >the book we are selling is produced off of.  It is also currently the
> >only visible way to download the entire guide with one click.
> >
> I disagree; we can always leave a copy of the old manual a
> download.blender.org with a nice, BIG warning pointing to
> mediawiki.blender.org.  We need something to keep users from mistakenly
> using the wrong manual version so much.

I think were on the same page.  You said you diasagree but then you said we
could leave a copy of the manual on download.blender.org.
I wasn't saying its a good idea to contact the mirrors and get them pointing
at current material.  I was just pointing out that I think we
need to keep a link to the old guide up.

Kent