[Bf-docboard] New character modeling/animation tutorial in progress

Ryan Dale ryandale at UDel.Edu
Thu Mar 23 18:45:40 CET 2006

Hi all,
I posted this over on Elysiun, but wanted to get some feedback from
those of you who think about documentation and education.  The goal is
to have a tutorial that expands upon the techniques learned in the the
classic - and recently updated - "Gus" tutorial.  The goal is to include
more advanced concepts such as shapes, setting up a nice IK rig, weight
painting, and using the NLA editor.

Here's the post,
http://www.elysiun.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=64641

and here's the link to my user page on the wiki:
http://mediawiki.blender.org/index.php/User:Marenzelleria

Currently, the tutorial covers up through a complete modeled character.
  Once the tutorial is more complete, I'll move it off my user page and
onto the Tutorials page.  I wanted to get some people's thoughts on the
progression of the tutorial before I spend more time on it.

Is this clear enough?  Is there too much/not enough information?  Too
ambitious?  Too simple/complicated?

One issue I had is how to introduce new concepts.  The way I have it set
up is that when a new concept is introduced, it's described in a
{{Note}} box.  Do you think this is effective?  Should I be more obvious
with introducing new topics?

Thanks,
-Ryan