[Bf-docboard] What a mess !

David Millet david at tellim.com
Sun Jun 25 03:31:24 CEST 2006

> Will the manual remain in that state for long ?
>
> Could you imagine the thoughts of the newcomer to Blender and the
> feelings of the writers whose work has been ruined ?
>
> Whoever did this should have the ethic of fixing it fast and also of
> playing in some sand box somewhere far away to ensure that the changes
> are innocuous.
Good night, Jean!  Which mess are you pray-tell referring to, and whose
work has been ruined?

If you're talking about this:
http://mediawiki.blender.org/index.php/Manual/Manual ..., while it is
ugly, nobody's work has been ruined, nobody's content has been lost.
This has been caused by a mediawiki upgrade that we could not use our
little nested templates hack on.

I've been out of the loop for a couple days because of moving, but if a
solution isn't found by Monday, or at least the promise of a solution,
I'll be issuing a statement declaring that non-extension mediawiki hacks
illegal, and we will find another way to do what was trying to be done
there.  Most major wikis get along without that hack just fine, and we
can do the same.

Timmeh has had some success with template nesting.  Take a look at how
he did it here: http://mediawiki.blender.org/index.php/User:Timmeh

If there's something else, some section that has been destroyed by a
malicious user, please point out a root URL so that I can take a look.

spiderworm