[Bf-docboard] Copyright issues on new pages

Joe Eagar joeedh at gmail.com
Mon Jul 10 20:27:43 CEST 2006

Alastair Mason wrote:
> hey
>
> at the bottom of each page you edit between the text and the submit
> button it says
>
> "Please note that all contributions to BlenderWiki may be edited,
> altered, or removed by other contributors. If you don't want your
> writing to be edited mercilessly, then don't submit it here.
> You are also promising us that you wrote this yourself, or copied it
> from a public domain or similar free resource (see Project:Copyrights
> <http://mediawiki.blender.org/index.php?title=BlenderWiki:Copyrights&action=edit>
> for details). *DO NOT SUBMIT COPYRIGHTED WORK WITHOUT PERMISSION! * "

I don't find that clear at all.  According to that, I've implicitly
given permission for my work to be distributed on the wiki site.  But I
have *not* as far as I can tell, licensed it under the OCL.

". . .Without Permission" implies I'm giving permission to myself post
on the wiki (and for others to edit it), but without more clear
licensing info that doesn't look as if it'd cover, say, if the BF wan't
to print an edition of the manual, or something.

Project:Copyrights
<http://mediawiki.blender.org/index.php?title=BlenderWiki:Copyrights&action=edit>
is supposed to have copyright info I think, but that page doesn't exist.

Joe