[Bf-docboard] Blender.org - Info Center - Using Blender - Tutorials - missing files from old blender.nl tutorials

liebundartig at freenet.de liebundartig at freenet.de
Sun Oct 16 14:51:10 CEST 2005

Hello bf-docboard mailinglist subscribers!

Following is a copy of the E-mail I already sent to CompMan, IngieBee (both maintainers of the tutorials pages that are retired as I found out later), and bf-webcontent mailinglist some days ago.
Till now CompMan did not reply, but Ingie was so kind to point out in her reply, that she has a "complitcated life with 3 children now... and I'll be back once they grow up and leave home". So I joined this mailinglist to suggest my improvements to the above mentioned blender.org subsite (see topic).
Unfortunalety, I found a topic started by CompMan, that stated his resignation ( http://projects.blender.org/mailman/private/bf-webcontent/2005-June/000877.html ).
Long story short, here is the original E-mail :

Recently I spend a lot of time for digging through the text-based tutorials
for Blender (see topic for a "path") and noticed that the majority of the
linked files of the tutorials from the old blender.nl page are not present
anymore on blender.org.
Not that this is a major drawback for the technique that are described. It
is just better to compare with the screenshots in the tutorials, if you made
everything right and you can take a look at the original file.
Anyway, if you are interested in those missing files, get in contact with me
via this mailinglist. I found most of them on the net, after a long and extensive
search.

Furthermore, I cleaned up the HTML files for the tutorials from blendermania.org  that are hosted on the webspace of ingiebee. I already mailed her to host those, but she did not replied to it, yet.  See here: http://www.ingiebee.com/Blendermania/Welcome.html for an overview what the tutorials cover.
If there is interest in those files, I am more then willing to provide them and help to implement them in the wikibook or whereever you want to put them!

Kind regards,
Sobek

1 Million Singles in Ihrer Nahe. Finden Sie Ihren Traumpartner
bei Deutschlands beliebtester Partnerboerse:
http://singles.freenet.de/index.html?pid=11512