[Bf-docboard] Plans for the Future

Jason Saunders blenergetic at gmail.com
Mon May 30 19:15:57 CEST 2005

> true. However, many people will have already abandoned even *trying*
> to contribute when there's such a big hurdle to take. I can't help
> but feel that many people who could help with great content do not
> necessarily have the skills or the motivation to install and learn
> Docbook/XML.

I agree. I consider myself a good writer and knowledgable in blender.
I have been wanting to write the Raytracing chapters (at least
reflection/transparency) for some time. However, due to time
constraints (I lead a busy life even at the age of 16) I haven't had
the time or motivation to set up docbook. I tried using one of the
editors recommended on the blender3d.org site, but it was too
cumbersome to get very far.

I would definitely feel more comftorable using a Wiki or OpenOffice.
(For the time being, if I wrote some stuff in .doc format in the
summer, would someone be willing to convert it for me?)

Especially since I'm working on the 2.4 UI update, I really want to
take part in working on the manual.

~Jason