[Bf-docboard] Re: Visual Video Documentation

Brian Hinton brian at vizualds.com
Tue Jan 11 04:53:24 CET 2005

Glen-

Is this a project designed to work in conjunction with the online
documentation? And eventually the book/CD? As I see this as being very
useful. If you have some done can you perhaps list what is done and what
needs to be completed. Perhaps some sort of listing should be done of what
needs to be recorded and what is done. I'm for using video but I don't
think that divx or XviD are the best codecs to use. They are nice, but
they often do not play properly between versions. On2 available from
quicktime I've found is stable. And I think that mpeg4 is decent. I'm up
for discussion on what to use. Keep flash in the picture because you can
record flash and have audio sync with it. And being that we are serving a
broad audience, it might be a good idea to go for flash. What does
everyone else think? I'm new to this list, but looking to get involved,
and I think this is a good project to hit up on.

Brian