[Bf-docboard] Blender 2.40 QuickStart Guide (FINAL)

Frédéric van der Essen fred at mentalwarp.com
Thu Dec 22 15:06:32 CET 2005

Here is some critics :

- The first two versions are even worse than mine concerning printing.
- I really don't like the square/rounded boxes,
they could be rounded, or square, but both at the same time looks
strange :S
- I don't think breaking a collumn (§ 3) is a good idea, the reading
order should
be obvious even without numbers.
- the first diagram fails to give an overview of blender default appearance.
It shows better what is the header and what is the window, but an
explainative overview is important. Later in the guide we talk about the
3D window, and the button windows. Where are they ? it isn't clear with that
diagram. We should make mixed version that show both clearly where are
the windows and headers, and what is a window and a header.
- The representation of the widgets should be displayed in the same order
as the corresponding buttons to avoid confusion.
-  The top border is IMO already wasting too much ink to put a bottom
border.
Those borders also looks really bad when printed because of margins. That's
why we should also find an alternative to the top border

Now there is the eternal problem of A4 vs Letter.
What is the reason to put it in Letter when 95% of the world use the A
standard ?

I'll redo something better tonight :)

IMO we won't get something  of "Final" quality if we do it in a hurry
like that. We should take our time
and get it reviewed by as many people as possible. It is a little
strange that everybody wants to redo
the guide the day before release, when i asked for reviews weeks ago.