[Bf-docboard] Restructuring the documentation

Jean Montambeault iaminnocent at videotron.ca
Tue Dec 13 07:46:03 CET 2005

While I was translating the Manual to French http://mediawiki.blender.org/index.php/Manual.fr/PartII/Mode_Objet
I was struck by how muxh even a matter as simple as moving an Object may have become complex ! So many ways and consequences... Way too much to encourage newcomers IMO. I am not a person to dwell into difficulty if not necessary.
Discussing with people on Elysiun the idea of a barebone documentation slowly took form in my mind. Kind of a minimum knowledge to survive in Blender. This could be the object of the first sub-section of any subject, while the rest would deal with alternatives and detailing the less used commands.
This also could be an answer to the need for re-organizing the documentation as expressed in http://mediawiki.blender.org/index.php/Meta/Restructuring_the_Manual :
at the core an easily maintainable barebone documentation  (since it would stick to the most fundamental and enduringtechniques)  would introduce Blender as a whole in the simplest manner possible which, I believe, is greatly needed, and specialized volumes (on modeling, shading, lighting, rendering, post-production...) could document in depth every aspect of the workflow.

Is this interesting enough to start the discussion ?

Jean