[Bf-docboard] Interface translation

Franz Rogar franzrogar at gmail.com
Mon Dec 5 17:38:55 CET 2005

The "Interface" doc, I think, it should be part of the new "Manual",
into part I.

The i18n process, with the creation of a new fresh PO file, should be
into the "Hack Guide". For the creation, you can visit [1], the
bf-docboard-es i18n project. It's a bit outdate (since October)
because we're waiting to Ton finish the Tuhopuu GUI translation and
the adition of the SoC. Into that page, there's a full Guide ("GUÍA",
in spanish) that covers almost the full process of creation. If you
have any question about i18n in Blender, you can ask me directly to
this e-mail address.

Note: i18n & l10n in Blender have 4 nice bugs that need to be fixed. I
asked with Ton to try to fix them, but... I'm not able to compile
Blender so I dropped it.

Note: All PO files in the SVN/CVS are very very very very outdated,
missing many of the strings, hacks and the Python scripts. So I think,
when 2.40 was released, we can join to make a new "official" template
file (aka PO) to translate the full GUI. What do you think?.

[1] http://perso.wanadoo.es/rogar59

2005/12/5, Erwan JACQ <eon.2005 at free.fr>:
> I've written Interface/fr
> <http://mediawiki.blender.org/index.php/Interface/fr> to get a wiki
> process on the translation of Blender interface. I don't know where to
> put this page. How to integrate it with current Blenderwiki layout.
>
> Maybe an Interface
> <http://mediawiki.blender.org/index.php?title=Interface&action=edit>
> main page which would show how to create new interface translation (take
> Meta/i18n#Interface Internationalization
> <http://mediawiki.blender.org/index.php/Meta/i18n#Interface_Internationalization>
>
> content) and childen pages fr, es, de etc...
>
> In the main page of blenderwiki, should "Interface" be a new title as
> Core Documentation, Meta Documents and Tutorials? or a part of Meta
> Documents as Style Guide?

Thanks in anyway,
        Franz Rogar