Fwd: [Bf-docboard] Blender i18n

Franz Rogar franzrogar at gmail.com
Fri Dec 31 14:41:04 CET 2004

Hello:

>you are writing on the docboard list so I guess you don't search for a
>programer.
Well, extraing strings from source don't need a programmer. It's only
a "shell" instruction like "xgettext -o yo.po -s whatever". That's what
i ask.

>First of all could you explain what a PO file is?
A PO file is a plain text file that contains all translatable strings
for a program (in this case Blender). When you "compile"
it to MO file, you have a Blender translated into your language.
(That's why the msg is called i18n).
If you look at blender install directory, you'll find
varios .MO files that contains the GUI translation of Blender.

That's i was "trying" to do: a fresh full organized PO file
for translating Blender GUI.

Thanks in anyway,
Franz Rogar