[Bf-docboard] BlenderManual

Bart Veldhuizen bf-docboard@blender.org
Sun, 04 Apr 2004 10:50:48 +0200

Hi Cédric,

gemy_c@uhb.fr wrote:

>I've just receive the Officiel BlenderManual. Wow, what a great job !! I'm
>going to have a lot of work.
>I just don't understand everything about this manual and its relationship
>with the docboard. If the manual is free, would it be possible to make
>translations in different languages. If yes, how and who would be in
>charge of this ?
>In fact, many french people would like to use Blender but are stopped
>because there 's very little docs available in their language. I could
>help stopping this ignorance.

The content of the docboard and 2.3 manual are the same (well, they will
be once Stefano has finished the monster task of importing all the
changes back into our CVS server). This is caused by the open license
that the docboard uses: anyone can publish a book using our sources, but
they are obliged to give us their improvements and changes back. The
layout of the 2.3 guide does not fall under this license, but I have
understood that we will get all the redone screenshots.

I think that Stefano is already making preparations that will allow
parallel translation projects of the Blender guide. I agree with you
that translations are important - let's wait until Stefano is ready with
the import and then re-start this discussion.

Bart