[Bf-docboard] automated screenshots

Bart Veldhuizen bf-docboard@blender.org
Sat, 03 Apr 2004 17:25:28 +0200

Landis Fields wrote:

>Now, heres what I got. What all of these companies are missing is the fact
>that some of the strongest literature comes from the user community itself!
>Why not enable the user to create tutorials using Blender? This would
>require nothing more than some sort of screencapture utility that was
>incorporated into the code (previously discussed), perhaps even flashed
>based to allow for the author to customize info windows (typically yellow
>boxes) that would pop up in specific locations (such as where to click)
>while the reader is participating in the tutorial...thats
>right ...participating...it would be interactive!

Hi Landis,

I think this is a wonderful idea but unfortunately I have no idea what
this would involve technically. For the time being, an easier way out of
the 'educational chaos' (I think you hit the nail on the head there)
would be to organise the available tutorials better. I am all for
setting up an extensive tutorial library on blender3d.org (either
hosting the tutorials there or linking to them). As always though, the
challenges aren't technical but organisational - Ton and I are working
hard on the websites and we don't have much time to coordinate everything.

So: if anyone here would like to help out (either by entering them on
the website or by contacting tutorial authors), just let me know!

Bart