[Bf-docboard] translation

Bart Veldhuizen bf-docboard@blender.org
Sat, 29 Mar 2003 18:19:07 +0100

Hi all,

My apologies for the recent radio silence. My work is eating a lot of my
energy and there were a few situations in my personal life that had
priority. Because of these reasons I have decided that I will still be
part of this group, but in my own pace. To be more precise: I do like to
write and work for the BlenderManual, but I do not want to be 'in
charge' (if there is such a thing in an OS project ;-) anymore.

Ton and Stefano are both project admins of the Documentation project on
projects.blender.org now and can do all the technical stuff that needs
to be done sometimes. If you guys need help, just yell!

As I said, I still like to write for the manual. At this moment I'm
working on the following:

- integrating the 2.26 changelog.
- cleaning up DocBook files so they compile properly under Windows.
- writing a HOWTO on installing Eclipse and how to use it for our
project.
- writing a HOWTO on installing the E-novatice docbook environment for
Windows and integrating it
  into Eclipse.

My opinion on the translation: It might still be a bit early, but I see
no reason why we should not open repositories for translated versions.
We can leave it up to the translation teams to figure out how to keep
the versions in synch I guess. Of course, the translation needs to fall
under the same license as the original.

Bart