[Bf-docboard] 3D Concepts & Fundamentals Rough Outline

Bart Veldhuizen bf-docboard@blender.org
Fri, 10 Jan 2003 22:06:38 +0100

Hi Jason,

I think it looks good - you're definately on the track of giving a
'quick introduction for 3d newbies' now!

Bart

On Wed, 2003-01-08 at 17:00, Jason Oppel wrote:
> > I think we shouldn't
> >'take too much hay on our fork' (a wonderful Dutch proverb!).
>
> Hey, I love that proverb!  I'll have to remember that one... :-)
>
> >With this
> >I mean if we expand our scope too much at the very beginning, there's
> >good chance that the manual will never reach a point at which it is
> >really usable.
> >

> This is true.  Sorry to everyone if I seemed a bit obstinate on this
point but whenever people start to tell me "that can't be done well
given XYZ contraints!" then that usually gets me charged up to try if I
think it might be possible. ;-D

> >I think that we should try and produce a good Blender manual first,
and
> >then see if and how we can make it interesting for other target
> >audiences, too.
> >

> This sounds good to me.  I've create an edited outline here:
>
> http://www.oppel.net/blender/Ch3_3D_Concepts-short.htm
>
> I've hacked out a bunch of stuff but I did add a (brief) section for
lighting and cameras.  I also left in the section about
scanline/raytracing rendering since it seems pretty likely that Blender
will be able to ouput files to an external raytracer in the not so
distant future.  As always your comments and suggestions are welcome!
:-)

> Hopefully there will be 2nd and 3rd editions of the manual so we can
add some of the material from the inital outline!