[Bf-docboard] Updated appendix_graphic_cards

Alex Heizer bf-docboard@blender.org
Sat, 04 Jan 2003 12:55:15 -0600

--------------020507070305080606000901

Bart Veldhuizen wrote:

>On Tue, 2002-12-31 at 19:08, Alex Heizer wrote:
>
>>I'm sure I'm kind of unique as far as this specific problem (at least
>>as it pertains to blending). Most users will probably (hopefully?)

>>definitive Windows video HOWTOs that are the equivalent to the X
>>hardware compatibility HOWTO on Unix.
>>

>I'm not sure about this yet.. We should take care that this document is
>not going to become the 3D/Videocard howto for Platform X, right?
>Actually, I'd be surprised if such documents weren't already available.
>What about including some references to them in the troubleshooting
>section?

Maybe just a line in the videocard section that conveys something to the
effect of "if you seem to be having problems getting Blender to do 3D on
your computer, go to such-and-such forum" and put the Blender forums
(are the old ones back up and running yet??) or maybe elysiun.com or
whatever. That way this project won't turn into a videocard resource,
but it give people a starting point if they ARE having video card problems.

Alex

--------------020507070305080606000901

<head>
</head>
Bart Veldhuizen wrote:<br>
...<br>
Maybe just a line in the videocard section that conveys something to the
effect of "if you seem to be having problems getting Blender to do 3D on
your computer, go to such-and-such forum" and put the Blender forums (are
the old ones back up and running yet??) or maybe elysiun.com or whatever.
That way this project won't turn into a videocard resource, but it give people
a starting point if they ARE having video card problems.<br>
Alex<br>

--------------020507070305080606000901--