[Bf-committers] Linker fails using Xcode

Brecht Van Lommel brechtvanlommel at pandora.be
Sun Nov 20 18:19:02 CET 2016

I just fixed the Cycles link error and removed some unnecessary
information from the wiki page.
https://developer.blender.org/rB83b1f24140f63b35f93457d03f779b964ffad8ca
https://wiki.blender.org/index.php/Dev:Doc/Building_Blender/Mac

Other than that, building with Xcode works out of the box for me, I
can generate the Xcode project and build it following the instructions
on the wiki page. This is with macOS 10.12.1 and Xcode 8.1. If another
configuration fails we should fix that in our CMake files probably.

I'm not sure if there is a C++11 problem that needs to be solved or
mentioned on the wiki page. When building without C++11 there are
indeed some warnings, and perhaps Valentin tried to fix those warnings
in the hope of fixing the link error, but it's actually unrelated?

At some point (soon?) we will switch to WITH_CXX11 by default, and
then we'll update the instructions to point users to the new
libraries.