[Bf-committers] Compile Blender with cycles with Debug configuration

Smells Like Donkey contact at smellslikedonkey.com
Wed Oct 14 18:08:30 CEST 2015

A little late but I found a workaround for this since I was in the same boat. Maybe it’ll help someone else searching for a solution. The clue came from the cmakefile for bf_intern_cycles:

# avoid link failure with clang 3.4 debug
if(CMAKE_C_COMPILER_ID MATCHES "Clang" AND NOT ${CMAKE_C_COMPILER_VERSION} VERSION_LESS '3.4')
	set(CMAKE_CXX_FLAGS_DEBUG "${CMAKE_CXX_FLAGS_DEBUG} -gline-tables-only")
endif()

All you have to do it set “-gline-tables-only” on the bf_intern_cycles target under "Other C++ Flags” and it should compile properly and breakpoints seem to work fine.

Tod.