[Bf-committers] Credits Page

Howard Trickey howard.trickey at gmail.com
Sun Sep 21 16:49:53 CEST 2014

It appears that arguments will continue over the best way to make
a system whereby contributions can automatically be deduced,
and in all likelihood, such automatic extraction will never be 100% correct.

It feels like there are two desires from developers for such a credits page:
1) some acknowledgment at all that a developer has contributed code
to Blender
2) among top contributors, some indication of the volume of contribution.

In terms of numbers, I would guess most developers care about 1 first,
and 2 second.  So what is wrong with Harley's idea of a static list of
developers
on the credits page? Such a list will only grow over time, and can be added
to on request or by editing a wiki page or something.