[Bf-committers] Credits Page

Sergey Sharybin sergey.vfx at gmail.com
Sun Sep 21 15:37:59 CEST 2014

I don't remember having issues checking for the author name in the past. Is
it something you did experience a lot or it's something you're
exaggerating? I'm still unconvinced asking for some details or greping log
would give any slowdown in your review pipeline. It easily fits into the
time spending on the blender compilation.

As a way around which wouldn't violate any privacy, we can add "EMail
address used for git logs" customfield in the user profile and _require_
having proper user name and this address to be filled in when submitting
the patches.

And seriously, if you think the email takes too much time to figure out,
just use the empty one. I don't see any drawbacks with that, would just
mean phab wouldn't link those commits to the phab user (which is already
how it behaves when someone else commits the patch).

So really, is just me who don't see any _real_ issues what's so ever?

--
With best regards, Sergey Sharybin