[Bf-committers] Credits Page

Campbell Barton ideasman42 at gmail.com
Sun Sep 14 10:49:20 CEST 2014

On Sun, Sep 14, 2014 at 5:49 PM, Kévin Dietrich
<kevin.dietrich at mailoo.org> wrote:
> I might sound harsh but I believe that to ease out this process, at
> least for the future, it could be time for the committers to actually
> commit with the author's name (git commit --author=insert_name) and drop
> the all "patch by someone" nonsense. If the guys taking care of the
> Linux kernel can do this with 20 times as much contributors as Blender,
> the Blender guys can do this.
>
> Commit etiquette, simple stuff.

This is fine (with me) in principle.

Do we have a quick way to get an exact `Some Name <email at addr.com>`
formatted ID for any patch submitter?

Otherwise I expect the same person could easily turn up under 3+
different names (same person may be using different email addresses,
middle letter in name or not... some people use alias others real
name, typo when committing... etc),